Do I look like a Serial Killer in that picture?

7:54 PM Tammie Rampley 0 Comments

Welcome to Saturday..

As anyone who has been reading this blog will know by now, I am a bit, ok so maybe a lot opinionated. With that being said, it is MY blog and I do get to say what I want..lol.. Well, I also share whatever information I come across that I see is hindering someones engagement. I see every single social media expert telling every person willing to listen to make their photo of themselves. I understand this concept. As explained, you want to be more personal, easier to relate to. You want your customer to understand that there is a person behind the brand. I get all of that. Here is my problem. Before you decide to do this, take a good long look in the mirror. This is not to be cruel to anyone, I promise. If you absolutely are unable to smile for any reason at all, even to take your business photo, maybe using your picture isn't such a good idea. If you don't have anyone to help you take the photo and it is going to be so dark that no one will be able to see your face, or you might look like a Halloween character in the picture, maybe you shouldn't use your own picture. If, and once again, let me say, I don't mean any harm, if you have a face that only a mother could love, it might be a good idea if you don't use your own photo to advertise and promote your business. Once more thing. Prior to taking your photographs, bathe, comb your hair, unless of course it is a candid outdoor shot and you are supposed to have unkempt hair. Then, it is perfectly fine. If the photo makes it obvious that you are the type of person that just does not take care of yourself, it is going to be much less likely that anyone will want to buy anything from you. While you are at it, if you are a hoarder, and that is absolutely your right, you may not want to let the picture show any of your hoard in the background. Some people might see that as somewhat of a turnoff. Just remember, in business, you want to put your best foot forward. Sometimes, that means, someone else's...

In all seriousness, take a good photo. Try your best to make yourself appear to be inviting. Why spend all of that time making a beautiful item and then drive people away at the door? 

Good Luck and Happy Sales.. Thanks for listening to my rant..

If you have a minute, stop by my shop and check out my bags..

0 comments: