U S of A

3:04 PM Tammie Rampley 11 Comments


I shared this on facebook last night. Today I decided to share it with my Blogger friends..

I just heard a young lady on the news say something that really struck a cord with me. She said that "we" her and her friends were still children during 9/11. That this is the first time that they have gone through something so traumatic. I think, that is true, the children that weren't directly impacted by having lost family members or friends have not ever been through this kind of trauma. The fear that is associated with even the threat of a terrorist attack. They are so used to living in this land of ours, this land of the free, home of the brave. Suddenly, we aren't so free anymore, not quite as brave. We live our lives so fearlessly, we enjoy freedoms each and every day that not all nations do. Most of us are not afraid to walk outside and start our cars in the morning. Most of us aren't afraid to rip open a package when it comes in the mail. We are more likely excited to see which item we purchased on the uncensored internet we are allowed by a government we have no problem complaining about publicly. Where in other countries, we could be hanged in the streets for doing so. My life is not about fear, and I refuse to live in it. But, to those out there that even on a normal day, have a hard time appreciating what you have. Remember these days.. These days, when you are happy to be alive. Be grateful for the blessings you have, the freedoms you are afforded, and the liberties that we will soon ALL have here in the United States of America. A land that will always be, no matter what is done to us, The land of the free and the home of the brave...

11 comments:

Dani Montoya said...

I think About how lucky we are to live in a country that allows us to speak, live and learn as we want. We are allowed to be ourselves. Our only fear is our neighbor, not that they will harm us but they will dislike us. We are lucky

theseoarrow said...

This is so true, I love and appreciate this country, and am so proud to be fortunate enough to have been born here. Being a former Air Force Reservist I appreciate the men and women who protect us every day, be they police, firefighter, emergency medical or military member. Great post.

Robert Manea said...

Great Post!! I do not live in fear, but i do fear for my kids, at this point in their lives they don't know what is around them, and that there are many crazy people out there looking to harm them, in a way..scary world.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I bet a couple of my own kids, who are now teens, did not truly understand the events of 9/11. I will be able to be more understanding of them now.

Tina said...

This is true. Our children didn't know war until 9-11. And it's a different kind of war now than the ones we knew (OK, I'm telling my age, aren't I?)

Words from the heart!! Thank you!

Yvonne Brown

Great post! This is so true!

Proud to be an American.

Todd Morgan said...

Our Country sure has changed!!!

TDH0823 said...

Great Post!!!

Tramp Lee said...

That's ok, mine will graduate from college in two weeks... I am feeling the gray hairs grow as I type...